Established in 2005, Clavier Music and Art is located in Hurstville and widely recognised as one of the best music and art schools in Sydney.
We understand the importance of music and art in a child’s personal growth.
It is our mission to promote the importance of music and art in a child’s education, to develop artistic exploration and insight, and to support self-motivation and enjoyment in the creative arts. We made it our responsibility to assist our students in taking initiative in their creative arts development, and exploring their interest and potential in various musical and artistic styles.
Clavier Music & Art currently offers piano, violin, viola, flute, clarinet, wind ensemble, music theory, musicianship, Music Craft (AMEB) and art classes. Other than practical and theoretical education, we also recognise the significance of aural techniques, sight-reading skills, and knowledge on music history.
*Covid19 update: in accordance with the current NSW regulations, our wind ensemble has been temporarily suspended.
We pride ourselves on consistently updating our teaching materials, and modifying our teaching styles to accommodate each student’s individual needs so that they enjoy learning while maximising their potential. We value parental feedback and foster strong relationships with our students’ parents to better assist our students’ artistic growth and ongoing progress.
To broaden our students’ experiences, we aim to maintain good connections with professional music and art education networks and the broader artistic community. Today, Clavier Music & Art has 13 teachers and 300 students, and the number continues to grow. Contact us today if you are interested in joining us on a musical and artistic journey!
Find out more about the courses we offer below.
The art of teaching involves patience, dedication, and great passion.
Clavier Music & Art recruits qualified music and art educators from Australia and worldwide.
Our dedicated teachers boasts educational backgrounds from esteemed institutions, including the Sydney Conservatorium of Music, the University of New South Wales, the University of Sydney, and the Australian Institute of Music.
A number of our teachers hold a Masters degree, and some are pursuing a PhD in their respective fields.
Our teaching is generally conducted in English, however many of our teachers are multi-lingual and would customise their teaching strategies to suit individual students. We pride on conducting engaging lessons to encourage student’s passion in music and art. We are aspired in guiding our young musicians and artists discover their potential in the creative arts.
We aim to:
- Promote the importance of music and art education
- Develop artistic exploration and insight, support self-motivation and enjoyment in the creative arts
- Understand students and how they learn
- Structure courses based on research and academic recommendation
- Be critical and creative in content selection
- Construct special programs that include relevant artistic experiences
- Display awareness of and tailor to different learning needs of young musicians and artists
- Provide accurate assessments and reports
- Set clear, challenging and achievable learning goals
- Engage parents/carers and provide constructive feedback
- Support student participation in music concerts and art exhibitions
Clavier Music & Art offers professional music studios that are specifically tailored for music lessons.
- Comfortable waiting lounge
- Well-lit studios with soundproof fittings
- Large mirrors in string and wind studios
- Quality pianos tuned regularly
- Music stands and metronomes readily available
- Latest AMEB Manual of Syllabuses
- Updated AMEB Grade books
- Sample copies of music books
- Ever-expanding music resource library
- Keyboards available for short-term hire
- Book ordering service
- Instruments (pianos, violins, flutes*) available for trial lesson use
*Covid19 update: in accordance with the NSW regulations, we are currently not permitted to offer woodwind instruments for trial lesson use.
Clavier Music & Art’s professional art studio is specifically tailored for art classes.
- Comfortable waiting lounge
- Spacious and well-lit room
- Large white board
- Wide table space with comfortable chairs
- Storage space for student’s artworks
- Acrylic paint in a variety of colours
- Good quality brushes
- Canvases available for purchase
- Crafting materials – coloured papers, safety scissors, glue sticks, etc.
- Storage cubicles for artwork storing
- Essential cleaning and maintenance tools